Flexibility – Embedded & real options (2-day course)
Flexibility in physical assets & Optionality in client portfolios
Mon-Tue 3-4 October, 10:00-16:00 (CET)
- Including staff of commodity & energy supplying firms, and employees of companies with physical capacity (production, consumption, storage, transport). Also suitable for brokers, system operators and staff of a commodity or energy trading firm.
- Being able to identify business decisions and understand the related room for choices.
- Being able to convert managerial decisions in terms of options.
- Understand the type and level of flexibility in an asset or portfolio.
- Understand how flexibility can be modelled.
- Understand the advantage of modelling and why this supports valuation and hedging.
- Master the option theory and its application on the flexibility in a firm’s physical and financial assets.
- Master related processes and concepts, as well as relevant terminology.
- Become an expert in the pricing and valuation of flexibility.
- Get grip on the way to handle flexibility and capitalise on it.
- Study materials (handout + book)
- Guided tour around the exchange, brokers, hedge funds and trading firms.
- Fundamentals & essentials of options
- Rights & (potential) obligations
- Risk-reward ratio
- Valuation of options and optionality
- Models & parameters
- Exotic options vs vanilla options
- Flexibility in supply contracts
- Validity time of proposal
- Take or pay constructions
- Volume flexibility
- Swing optionality
- Flexibility on physical assets
- Processing capacity (combined production & consumption capacity)
- Storage capacity
- Transport capacity
- Asset-backed trading
- Dynamic hedging & financial optimisation
- Locking-in intrinsic value & monetising extrinsic value
About the Lecturer
Jerry de Leeuw
Jerry de Leeuw, MSc. (founder of Entrima, former trader and author of the book “Optionality & flexibility”)
Register for Flexibility – Embedded & real options (2-day course)