This online learning service concerns a weekly online meeting, during which your questions are answered. Raise your questions or share your cases in advance (via firstname.lastname@example.org) and the wizard will address them (anonymously). In addition, cross-learn from the questions raised by others in the portal.
Enhancing performance – Cross-learn & network
The Markets & Trading Intervision allows you to learn from the responses you get, but also from the answers to questions raised by others. Meet your colleagues on this platform, as well as your peers working for other employers.
It concerns public sessions, open to everyone with a licence to the Wizard. Suitable for professionals in (or relating to) the markets, incl. new recruits / juniors.
Consult the Wizard to improve your understanding of work-related aspects, to cope with sudden challenges that you encounter at work, to handle cases arising at work, to master practical application and, thus, to develop competences.
Weekly, Monday 10:00-11:00 (CET).
Where & how?
Live tutoring, via online portal.
Held under Chatham House rules.
Your industry community
Meet your peers and cross-learn. Chat during the week in the group, or contact one of the other members, while information, documentation & other materials are shared.
Blended learning – Cost-effective and time-efficient
Self-study requires discipline and self-control. Some people lack such; therefore, a large group appreciates professional mentoring.
Our blended-learning approach combines access to our learning platform and simulation platform (learning at your own pace and in your own time, based on your own preferences) and being able to raise questions and address practical cases. Being mentored allows for application and optimises competences. After all, at work you face daily practices, with actual processes and activities. Hence, your tasks cannot be performed on the basis of theory.
Select your topics
The Markets & Trading Intervision will address your questions in the following fields (every week you can select whatever you want to discuss/have discussed):
- Markets: Market structures and market working
- Products: Metals, softs, fossil fuels, electricity & supply contracts
- Pricing: Price drivers, price formation and price-indexation
- Trading: Commodities & energy; physical & financial trading
- Risk: Risk management of positions & portfolios
- Hedging: Hedging strategies and hedging tools
- Derivatives: Futures, options & swaps
- Positions: Asset management and portfolio optimisation
- Strategies: Asset-backed trading and proprietary trading
- Flexibility: Outright, embedded & real options
- Contracting: Master agreements, supply contracts
- Trade ops: Clearing, settlement, collateralisation, margining