Due to the energy transition, digital revolution and unstable financial systems, the need for qualified employees is even higher than before. People with the right knowledge & skills in the field of energy markets & trading is key. The “School” assesses whether your staff is fit-for-the-job, while the “Foundation” programme qualifies them. Besides, a radical different approach to the business is needed. An alternative paradigm should also shape how to lead and guide employees. Furthermore, in complex social systems (like energy markets) there is always the potential for unexpected scenarios. Therefore, the ability to cope with uncertainty needs development.
The need for qualified employees has never been so high as today, even more so due to the energy transition. However, it is hard to recruit the right people with knowledge and skills in the field of energy markets and trading. The School of Energy Trading provides a solution. A comprehensive, high quality educational programme with focus at daily practice will bring you staff that is fit for the job.
Markets are complex systems requiring a multi-disciplinary approach to practical challenges. Lately, markets have become even more complex; amongst others, due to increased regulation. Besides, the energy transition requires specific know how and competencies. Hence, a proper foundation, as well as a never-ending learning journey, are key to a good performance. Besides, communication and effectivity will also increase along the path of getting more knowledgeable.
Today, the job market in energy trading is overstrained. Organisations in the markets face quite a challenge to recruit qualified and knowledgeable professionals. In addition, it is a challenge to maintain the working force as employees are hunted by competitors and other parties.
The foundation of career paths for business experts around OTC and exchange-traded and -cleared commodities is key to the performance of individuals, teams and organisations. In this light, the School kick-starts the career of new recruits without any experience in the energy markets, while it makes way in a complex working environment. The School establishes high-qualitative studies recognised and supported by the wide industry, trading community and involved market participants. Deep-dives for juniors and mediors are another leg of The School.
Learning journeys have been developed to provide employers a solution to today’s learning requirements, while offering them the opportunity to actively contribute to the inflow of interested students, the provision of tutors, and the creation of high standards around the level of education and training.
Vision & Mission — Strategy & Policy
This section sets out the vision and mission which have led to this business proposition.
The job market is overstrained. Organisations in the commodity and energy markets face quite a challenge to recruit qualified and knowledgeable professionals. In addition, it is a challenge to maintain the working force as employees are hunted by competitors and other parties. Furthermore, markets are complex systems requiring a multi-disciplinary approach. Besides, the energy transition requires specific knowledge and skills. Hence, a never-ending learning journey is key to a good performance. Besides, communication, joy and effectivity will also increase along the path of getting more knowledgeable.
The foundation of career paths for business experts around OTC and exchange-traded and -cleared commodities is key to the performance of individuals, teams and organisations.
The School of Commodity & Energy Trading kick-starts the career of new recruits without any experience in the commodity and energy markets, while it makes way in a complex working environment. Deep-dives for juniors and mediors are another leg of The School.
The School of Commodity & Energy Trading establishes a high-qualitative studies recognised and supported by the wide industry, trading community and involved market participants.
To meet the vision and mission learning journeys have been developed to provide employers a solution, while offering them the opportunity to actively contribute to the inflow of interested students, the provision of tutors, and the creation of high standards around the level of education and training.
Advisory Board — Providing Strategic Direction
To assure the highest quality standards and to assure meeting the needs of parties in the market, the School of Energy Trading has installed an Advisory Board.
The School of Energy Trading has an Advisory Board, consisting of the following individuals:
- Rob Veersma – Fmr. Global Director Learning & Development at Shell and Gazprom
- Lex Hoogduin – Prof. Groningen University & fmr. Chairman of the Board at LCH Group & non-executive director at LSE Group
The learning journey(s) of the School of Energy Trading could be useful for employers in the following categories:
Market facilitators concerns companies that facilitate the deal-making process.
- Brokerage firms
- Exchanges (and other trading venues)
- Clearing organisations
Organisations with a trading function
Companies with a trading function employ front office staff (traders, originators, dispatchers), as well as middle and back office staff.
- Electricity generators and/or suppliers
- Oil & gas companies
- Commodity trading firms
Organisations with a control function
Organisations with a control function check, oversee and supervise parties with a trading function. Hence, they should keep on being fed with knowhow and optimise their skills ongoing.
- Regulatory authorities
- Accountancy firms
- Legal firms
Organisations with a support function
There are various companies supporting parties with a trading function, implying their staff should master knowledge about the markets and trading.
- Data & news providers, and price reporting agencies
- Consultancy companies
- Financial institutions (incl. clearing banks)
Learners are required as a minimum:
- Master in English language (reading, speaking, writing)
- Intermediate vocational education thinking/working level (incl. undergraduates & graduates)
This journey paves the way to kick-start the career of the learners.
- Increased job perspective
- Theoretical basis — Scientific backing
- Practical application (pragmatism / hands-on approach)
Partners — Support & Powering
The School of Energy Trading is not just for the market, but also supported by the market. Sponsors, partners and empowering bodies contribute to the content and delivery of the programme, and the quality thereof.
As a supporter concerns an organistion that experiences these key benefits:
- Increase the observation of your organisation by advertising directly to a targeted audience.
- Brand placement and promotion across our marketing channels.
- Position your organisation in co-existance with the market’s most recognised brands.
- Hook up to market professionals and network with industry bodies.
- Media coverage of your label.
- Discounts on services off-taken.
The School of Energy Trading has PREMIUM Supporters. This includes the following organisations:
- (Coming soon)
A PREMIUM Supporter:
- Can provide a tutor to the “Foundation” programme.
- 10% discount to sign up to Entrima’s public courses.
The School of Energy Trading has various Media Partners. This includes the following organisations:
- (Coming soon)
The School of Commodity & Energy Trading is acknowledged by the following industry bodies:
- (Coming soon)
Membership — Company Membership
A Company Membership gives your organisation several benefits in relation to the School of Energy Trading.
Benefits – For your organisation
The benefits of a Company Membership of the School of Energy Trading include:
For your organisation:
- Use of School of Energy Trading logo on your website and promotional material
- Company membership certificate
- Discounts on participation in the programmes of the School of Commodity & Energy Trading.
- Opportunities to sponsor Entrima events and initiatives
- Opportunity to subscribe your manager(s) or member(s) of staff as tutor(s).
- Regular newsletters
- Opportunity to white label Entrima’s learning platform as your own corporate academy, branded with your own corporate logo; hence, completely in your own style.
- Opportunity to white label Entrima’s trading simulation platform as your own corporate academy, branded with your own corporate logo; hence, completely with your own look & feel.
For your candidate(s):
- Access to Entrima’s knowledge base
- Opportunities to get involved with other Entrima initiatives
- Informal networking for your company
Membership — Affiliate Membership
An Affiliate Membership gives you access to all that goes on at the School of Energy Trading and the world of trading.
Who is it for?
- Anyone with an interest in energy trading.
- Anyone who wants to stay up-to-date.
- Anyone who get the benefits of an Affiliate Membership.
What are the benefits of joining? As part of your Affiliate Membership, you will have:
- Access to future alumni events
- Access to any next kick-off meeting, as well as the meetings where certification takes place
- Free access to the knowledge resources in Entrima’s company app.
- The right to discounted events, training courses and publications.
- Take advantage of opportunities to connect with other members (community).
Tutors — Bios
Member companies provide lecturers, meaning that practitioners share their stories. Next, various very experienced tutors guide learners on their learning journey.
The registration of (a) learner(s) and the consequent learning journey(s) requires the employer to make payment of a fee.
The tariff for registering an individual to the 1-year public ”Foundation” programme is as follows:
|Price *)||Price **)|
|‘Foundation’ programme||€ 9,900||€ 13,900|
Prices are in euro, exclusive of VAT (if applicable).
*) Price for members
**) Price for non-members
Travel & stay expenses student at the account of the employer.
The membership fee is charged per calendar annum.
Currently the following rates apply:
|Organisation with < 15 staff||€ 999|
|Organisation with> 15 and < 99 staff||€ 1,999|
|Organisation with > 100 staff||€ 2,999|
|Individuals – Per person||€ 99|
Prices are in euro, exclusive of VAT (if applicable).